Let us tell you about SAPC and what it can do for you.
We are a membership organisation which was founded in 1998 by newly qualified psychodynamic counsellors, to provide networking, support and reasonably priced CPD in Scotland. These remain its core objectives, although over the years we have also hoped to promote interest in psychodynamic thinking more generally.
How we endeavour to do this – SAPC facilitates:
- CPD events in Edinburgh and Glasgow (we hope soon at other venues also)
- Member networking
- Peer supervision / reading groups (where there is demand and interest)
- Member’s Newsletter
- Website Communication (Member’s Only area starting soon)
How this can benefit you at this stage – SAPC Membership provides:
- Good quality CPD at low cost
- New learning opportunities reflecting current developments in psychodynamic thinking and practice
- Professional networking opportunities
- Personal growth and development in learning from members who are hugely varied in their experience and stage of career.
- Discussion groups providing deepening awareness of the relevance and application of psychodynamic ideas
- A sense of belonging in a community of like – minded individuals
How to become a member – SAPC welcomes students/trainees:
- We welcome applications from counselling students who are undergoing a psychodynamic training, or are training in different modalities but share an interest in psychodynamic thinking and its more general application in the caring professions.
- Students/trainees undergoing their first qualifying professional Diploma/Degree course can join for a reduced annual membership fee – currently £40. (See Membership page for the full range of membership options.)
- As a member you can attend our 3 Members’ Meetings and the Annual Lecture each year free of charge. (The 2016/2017 programme can be viewed on the SAPC Programme web-page and is sent to prospective members on application).
To request an Application Pack
please send an e-mail via the button or direct to the SAPC Membership Secretary at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an application form.
You will receive further information along with the form, which you can also return by e-mail. We will only request the membership fee when your application has been processed!
We very much hope that you will feel inspired to explore the psychodynamic world and motivated to join us or attend some of our meetings.